Radiant Law, winner of multiple awards as a legal pioneer, has a rapidly growing international client base and is looking for a Junior Legal Advisor to join our commercial contracts team based in Cape Town.
We are interested in someone with a strong commercial contracts interest (in-house experience would be fantastic!), who will thrive in an environment where they are regularly asked to come up with creative solutions and improvements, and who is ready for something different to the traditional law firm/in-house experience. If you have an appetite to learn and grow with us and are interested in working at the forefront of the transformation of the legal industry, we’d love to speak with you.
Working with us offers you:
- a work-from-home/office-based mix (permanently), combined with a dynamic and supportive team environment
- interesting commercial contracts work for global organisations
- a chance to get to grips with leading-edge legal technology solutions
- time to learn about and practice lean processes and focus on continuous improvement
What we need from you:
- negotiate and get over the line commercial contracts for our international clients against tight time frames,
- draft bespoke provisions where clients have particular needs,
- work closely with clients to understand their needs and ensure that we focus on their key issues,
- keep track of key data and review metrics to understand how well we are delivering services against the clients’ needs,
- identify ways to improve how we deliver our services and to accelerate closing contracts, working closely with our software developers, legal engineers and document automators,
- deliver improvement projects and demonstrate to clients that we keep getting better,
- document what you learn in our knowledge repositories and share with the team through internal training, and
- in time, lead on more complex contracts and eventually manage client accounts.
We are specifically looking for people who are already based in either Cape Town or Johannesburg. For this role you need to be an admitted (or about to be admitted) lawyer. We are interested in candidates from newly qualified lawyers through to those with up to two years of post-articles experience either within a law firm or in-house, including time spent working on commercial contracts such as NDAs, supply of goods and services, sales and licensing agreements.
Our environment is fast-paced and the one constant about Radiant is change, so you should be able to demonstrate your interest in a continuous improvement approach to meeting client needs. High levels of autonomy, self-motivation and strong communication and interpersonal skills are all important.
Make sure you have a good understanding of our values and what we look for in team members, then please include a short cover letter with your application that explains why you think you're the right fit for Radiant and this role.
Radiant Law is fully committed to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and anti-discrimination. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of race, age, gender, disability, religious belief or sexual orientation.
- If you have applied for a role within the last twelve months please do not use this form - we have your details.
- If you are interested in more than one advertised role you do not need to submit multiple applications; we will review your application against all available positions.