Radiant Law is at the forefront of accelerating commercial contracting
We are an atypical law firm:
- We only charge fixed fees and don't keep time sheets, so our clients always know what they will pay and our interests are aligned
- We are tech-savvy. We build technology and we give our our clients the benefits of lawtech through our services, without them having to undertake large IT projects
- We combine the judgement calls of senior lawyers with slick processes and a scalable team in London and Cape Town that can handle the largest of projects
Why clients use us
We work for some of the largest banks and companies, helping them transform how they enter into and manage their commercial contracts. This is why they use us:
- We are utterly focused on our clients' needs. Every project and account starts with identifying our client's objectives and needs and we show throughout how we are delivering against them.
- We make problems go away by getting lower value contracts and large contract projects off the legal team's desks, so that the lawyers can focus on high value deals and more strategic projects. At the same time, the legal team stays in control: kept updated, escalated to as they specify, confident that playbooks are being followed, and able to track everything through live dashboards
- We help demonstrate business value by delivering improved cash flow for the business through speeding up sales contracts and more agile procurement projects ... and help you demonstrate this value to the business with hard data. At the same time, your team can focus on delivering more strategic work. We also help meet the more-for-less challenge by delivering more support and faster turnaround times than before, for competitive and predictable charges
- Our services keep getting better through our continuous improvement process, where we agree with our clients at the beginning of each quarter what the priorities are, based on their needs, and then deliver the improvement projects over the course of the quarter and report back at the end. We also keep learning on different accounts and projects and apply what we learn across the firm for the benefit of all our clients
- We deliver unconventional projects - as well as supporting larger projects, deals and services, we are regularly asked by our clients to help solve their hard contracting problems. We delight in finding innovative ways to solve these challenges, using data, design, lean-thinking and technology
To find out how our combination of people, process, technology and pricing provides a flexible solution to suit your unique requirements, see the support we provide.
The testimonials and stories below show just some of the ways we deliver real value to large organisations, from global financial institutions to media and retail giants:
International Media Client, Business
“Without doubt Radiant’s support has made us more agile and flexible in the way we can do business – they’re taking the day-to-day matters off the legal team’s plates and we’re now closing significantly more deals than we could previously. The intake system is quick and easy and their lawyers are pragmatic and highly collaborative. They’re really focused on solutions.” Read more
Multinational telecommunications Client
"Radiant Law always help us to think bigger, look at future proofing, see the bigger picture, think about how to unlock potential. I’d recommend them for the template optimisation project we did, but also more broadly for the value they provide in helping a company learn how to move the dial and make an impact. They give companies ideas to think about, they don’t just help with the problem but, importantly, the cause.” Read more
International Media Client, Legal
“Radiant Law think like us, ask the same questions, have the same approach. The flexible and innovative way they approach things gave us a way to keep our valuable work within the team and outsource our low to medium value work. If Radiant can take that all away from us so we can focus on the really good stuff where we really add value to the business, that’s got to be good!” Hear more
Global Financial Services Client, Legal
“The team like it, the business likes it, the clients like it! We’ve grown a lot since Radiant Law came in, scaled significantly in terms of people, resources and growth of the business, which has doubled every couple of years. As a result, we’ve been rolling out managed legal service solutions to support many other service lines. Radiant Law acts as an integral part of our in-house team and we’re definitely looking to the future with them.”
Global Investment Bank, Legal
“Radiant Law has tamed the complex contract requirements of our global roll out. Not only have they taken a huge amount of work off our desks, they have done it in an efficient, practical and incredibly effective way. We needed to develop a level of comfort and trust across local teams very quickly, and Radiant’s support has been seamless, they really get what we need to achieve and the feedback is fantastic. They make us look great, and I’m all for that!”
Reducing capacity constraints faced by an in-house legal team
Radiant Law carried out a three-month review of capacity then built a solution to improve efficiency and alleviate the constraints faced by a large corporate in-house legal team. Read more.
Audit of legal support solutions
We delivered a series of workshops for our client, a global publisher, to identify the key needs and pain-points experienced by both Legal and the Business, and provided a detailed set of practical recommendations. Read more.
Global outsourcing project
Radiant Law supported a major investment bank in the outsourcing of a series of IT functions, each of which had a total deal value between £50m and £250m. Read more.
Consulting to an in-house team
Radiant Law was brought in to support an in-house legal team in their wide-ranging programme to make their processes leaner and add more value to the business. We worked closely with the team to implement a series of 16 mini-projects over twelve months. Read more.
Supporting the sales function
A global financial services client worked with us to streamline the contracting process for their trade matching, validation and reconciliation SaaS product. The key need was to shorten the time it was taking the team to close contracts and hence realise revenue sooner. Read more.
Helping an in-house team to work smarter
This global logistics company engaged Radiant Law to provide a managed legal service which has helped them standardise and streamline the way the in-house team worked with the business. Read more.
Creating fast and efficient processes
Our client, a global international bank, needed to enter into flexible multi-national intra-group outsourcing agreements that had to be rolled-out to each local bank territory/entity. Read more.
Supporting multiple product lines
Our client, an international bank, needed simple and efficient legal terms and conditions to offer multiple products to its clients globally. We created automated contracts and supported the whole contracting process. Read more.
When Radiant Law launched in 2011, Richard Susskind was nice enough to tweet "The launch of [Radiant Law] is an important development - the future is creeping up on us". Since then, Radiant Law has been discussed in books and articles, been studied by academics and won awards, as a front-runner in creating NewLaw.
We were featured as a case study in Bruce MacEwen aka Adam Smith, Esq’s excellent latest book, Tomorrowland: Scenarios for law firms beyond the horizon
We were featured in Legal Futures' Innovation Report
Real Business wrote about our radically different approach
Our Purpose and Values
We believe that commercial contracts should help foster great commercial relationships, rather than be an end in themselves; that commercial relationships are the life blood of companies and so commercial contracts matter; and that entering into commercial contracts should be simple with a focus on what truly matters. Our purpose is to lead the way in better meeting clients' needs as they create and grow their commercial relationships.
Our values are the attitudes and behaviours that we value in one another and feed into all aspects of our day-to-day, from how we work with clients, how we treat one another, who we work with to what we reward:
- Start with the client's needs. Everything we do is designed around adding value by meeting client needs. This means that we take time to understand what matters to our clients, are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals, want to make our clients look good and help our clients innovate and mature.
- Move first. We don't accept the status quo, we embrace new ideas and we design creative and novel solutions. We are fast, bold and agile and are willing to fail, safely.
- Step up. We look to everyone in the team to step up, show leadership and accountability and get things done. We work hard, but we especially value working smart.
- Think long term. We act in the long-term interests of our clients, Radiant and ourselves. We invest for the future, we build relationships that last and we don't take shortcuts.
Meet the team
You need to know that your business is in safe hands. We’re proud to have built a team of some of the best professionals in the industry. Outstanding commercial lawyers, exceptional project managers, ingenious tech developers and a sparkling business services crew, all of whom believe in the principles of continuous improvement, collaboration, smart working and quality delivery to meet clients’ needs.
1. If your goal is to meet the "more for less challenge" and deliver more business value through your commercial contracting
To discover how to meet your goals:
- visit our services overview page to see the ways in which we can help
- claim your free tailored benchmarking report and strategy session to see where your company is on the journey to optimal performance and discuss how to improve your commercial contracting capability
- if you're ready to start making improvements, complete our enquiry form, call us on +44 203 865 1200 or send us an email to set up a short, free of charge consultation meeting
2. If your goal is to work for us
If you want to join our team - or if you want to discover why our team members love working for us - then see our opportunities page.