“Radiant Law don't just help with the problem, but, importantly, the cause”
Looking across their standard precedent base templates, this multinational telecommunications company recognised they had multiple styles of T&Cs, little consistency between them and no rationale for what was used. This was creating a negative customer experience and there was an operational cost to manage that impact.
Various attempts had been made to fix parts of the problem, but a holistic approach was needed to make an impact. The legal team wanted to simplify existing templates so that they could manage risk effectively, and find an approach that would create better ways of contracting and stronger relationships in the long-term.
Radiant Law put in place a project team to tame the client’s existing templates and ultimately put the customer first. Working closely with the legal and sales functions, we made sure that we weren't just fixing the templates, but looking at what was behind the challenges and collaborating on solutions that would provide long-term benefits. Then the team followed a structured process to analyse, consolidate, simplify and prepare templates for automation. Support included:
- Working with the legal and sales teams to identify root causes for the challenges being faced, and providing advice on how to shape the project scope to have the most impact
- Clause mapping to show how issues were addressed across all agreements
- Heat mapping to show the variance in clauses
- Drafting improvements including language simplification and reduction in length
- Structural simplification to eliminate overlapping or conflicting terms
- Implementing technology solutions to speed up the drafting negotiating and signing of contracts to improve the customer experience
- Client received a dashboard showing live progress on the project with the ability to see the status at the template level, using Flow, our proprietary tracking system
- A single set of general terms used with all new customers
- Improved customer experience levels
- Lower client management costs
- An opportunity to unlock the data relating to contracting, streamlining processes, negotiating only where needed and continuing to use automation to make things simpler for Legal, the business and the end customer
Legal Project Manager:
Radiant Law are outstanding. They always help us to think bigger, look at future proofing, see the bigger picture, think about how to unlock potential. I’d recommend them for the template optimisation project we did, but also more broadly for the value they provide in helping a company learn how to move the dial and make an impact, how to simplify the way you contract and provide legal advice and have a good customer experience, how to get your data in shape, how to make changes. They give companies ideas to think about, they don’t just help with the problem but, importantly, the cause.”
Interested in making improvements that get right to the cause of the problem, not just short term fixes that push the headache onto next month's to do list? We can work with you to take a step back and look at your pain points then create simple, efficient and cost-effective (fixed price) solutions. For a confidential conversation email us today or complete our form here. You can learn more about the type of optimisation projects we handle here.