Radiant Law, winner of multiple awards as a legal pioneer, has a rapidly growing international client base and is looking for a Senior Outsourcing Lawyer to join our commercial contracts team based in Cape Town.
We are interested in someone with a very strong commercial contracts background and particular experience with large outsourcing deals, including the lifecycle of an outsourcing relationship from the initial structuring of a deal through the procurement process to contract negotiation, transition and implementation.
You will be someone who thrives in an environment where you are regularly asked to come up with creative solutions and improvements, and are ready for something different to the traditional law firm/in-house experience. If you have an appetite to learn and grow with us and are interested in working at the forefront of the transformation of the legal industry, we’d love to speak with you.
Working with us offers you:
- a work-from-home/office-based mix, combined with a dynamic and supportive team environment
- interesting commercial contracts work for global organisations
- a chance to get to grips with leading-edge legal technology solutions
- time to learn about and practice lean processes and focus on continuous improvement
- an outlet for your creativity, working closely with clients to understand their needs and ensure that our support focuses on their key issues.
What we need from you:
- negotiate and get over the line higher complexity commercial deals for our international clients against tight timeframes,
- draft complex bespoke provisions where clients have particular needs,
- work closely with clients to understand their needs and ensure that we focus on their key issues,
- review and develop metrics to understand how well we are delivering services against the clients’ needs,
- identify ways to improve how we deliver our services and to accelerate closing contracts, working closely with our software developers, legal engineers and document automators,
- deliver improvement projects and demonstrate to clients that we keep getting better,
- document what you learn in our knowledge repositories and share with the team through internal training,
- take over management of client outsourcing deals and take the lead in ensuring successful delivery, improving how we work and working closely with clients to meet their needs, and
- work with junior members of the team to help them develop, ensure high quality of work and support them through negotiations.
As a base, you need to be a qualified lawyer based in Cape Town with 4-6 years of post-articles experience including significant time spent on commercial contracts and outsourcing deals, so that you're ready to jump in. If you have experience working in-house then all the better.
Our environment is fast-paced and the one constant about Radiant is change, so you should be able to demonstrate how you embrace a continuous improvement approach to meeting client needs. High levels of autonomy, self-motivation and strong communication and interpersonal skills are all important.
Make sure you have a good understanding of our values and what we look for in team members, then please include a short cover letter with your application that explains why you think you're the right fit for Radiant and this role.
Radiant Law is fully committed to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and anti-discrimination. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of race, age, gender, disability, religious belief or sexual orientation.
- If you have applied for a role within the last twelve months please do not use this form - we have your details.
- If you are interested in more than one advertised role you do not need to submit multiple applications; we will review your application against all available positions.