Radiant Law, winner of multiple awards as a legal pioneer, has a rapidly growing international client base. We are looking for a commercial contracts lawyer to join our team. This is a slightly unusual role in that we require someone based in Cape Town but willing to support clients in the Asia Pacific timezone. So, you’ll be starting work early - at about 5am - but finishing early too!
We are interested in someone with a strong commercial contracts background, who will thrive in an environment where they are regularly asked to come up with creative solutions and improvements and who is ready for something different to the traditional law firm/in-house experience. If you have an appetite to learn and grow with us and are interested in working at the forefront of the transformation of the legal industry, we’d love to speak with you.
Working with us offers you:
- a work-from-home/office-based mix, combined with a dynamic and supportive team environment
- interesting commercial contracts work for global organisations
- a chance to get to grips with leading-edge legal technology solutions
- time to learn about and practice lean processes and focus on continuous improvement
- an outlet for your creativity, working closely with clients to understand their needs and ensure that our support focuses on their key issues.
What we need from you:
- a willingness to work unusual hours, long term
- a deep interest in finding ways to improve how we deliver our services and to accelerate closing contracts
- proven ability to review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts
- excellent communication skills
- comfortable meeting tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, changeable environment
- a strong attention to detail
- demonstrable leadership skills at every level.
- If you have Japanese and/or Mandarin language skills then all the better (helpful, not mandatory).
As a base you need to be a qualified lawyer based in Cape Town with between 1 and 5 years of post-articles experience, and have some exposure to commercial contracts so that you are ready to jump in.
Our environment is fast-paced and the one constant about Radiant is change, so you should be able to demonstrate how you embrace a continuous improvement approach to meeting client needs. High levels of autonomy, self-motivation and strong communication and interpersonal skills are all important.
Make sure you have a good understanding of our values and what we look for in team members, then please include a short cover letter with your application that explains why you think you're the right fit for Radiant and this role.
Radiant Law is fully committed to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and anti-discrimination. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of race, age, gender, disability, religious belief or sexual orientation.
- If you have applied for a role within the last twelve months please do not use this form - we have your details.
- If you are interested in more than one advertised role you do not need to submit multiple applications; we will review your application against all available positions.